This six-part series on finance will be highly interactive and requires participants to be willing to share their numbers, as the class will include some time to work on budgets. Participants will bring in the numbers they used to determine a retail price on their service or item and a history of their monthly sales and expenses for the Cost of Goods class. This way, we can validate the numbers.
By the end of this series, participants will have a completed budget with validated and realistic numbers as well as the knowledge to read and use their financial statements in their business.
Please bring the following to each session:
• Ability to use Excel
• And other items per the workshop topic
This class will focus on the sales/income coming into participants’ businesses. Participants will learn how to project sales on a monthly basis based on history and sales trends, or validating projections if this is the first year of sales.
– Participants should bring a sales history for the last 12 months or a projection of what they feel they need to make in sales over a 12 month period
– Create a Sales/Income plan
– Learn how to create a monthly sales plan
– Learn how to validate the sales plan – ensure that it is realistic and not over reaching
Ann Connor is an award-winning business adviser. She has assisted businesses and organizations throughout the U.S. to create action plans for strategic growth. With over 25 years of experience in the retail industry, she’s helped more than 200 entrepreneurs and non-profit organizations identify their goals, steer them around a multitude of obstacles, and tackle their long-term challenges with a series of manageable steps. She sees her coaching as empowering people to be successful.